I have a question on changing jobs. I am on my second H1b and my h1 expires in a little over a year. I have a possible offer for a job and would like to change. My question is if i DO change jobs right now, can i still apply for my PERM and will i be eligible for further h1b extentions?
A friend mentioned to me that your labour needs to be applied for atleast one whole year (even if it has been approved in PERM), to be able to apply for any kind of H1 extentions.
Can someone on here please tell me what the law is on H1B extentions and how it works exactly in a case like mine.
wallpaper will smith family pictures
I am applying for EAD renewal for my spouse. Currently she is on H-4 but I am soon planning to use EAD to start another job. I guess my spouse's status will also change from H-4 to AOS (I guess) at the same time. What should be current immigration status for my spouse when I have already started working on another job using EAD.
BTW, I used paper filing for both of us.
Thanks for your input.
2011 2010 will smith family guy.
You still have another 2 months before you begin the last year of your initial 6-year H1 term.
If you new employer is willing to do H1, then FILE H1 as soon as possible. You will get a 3 year H1 term with your new employer based on your current 140 that is approved(with your current employer). The thing is - beyond the 6th year, you can get 3 year extensions of H1 if your 140 is approved(with someone, anyone, it doesnt have to be your employer at that time). Now, if you quit your current employer and go with new one and you end up getting only 1 year H1 with the new employer(in case if you cannot somehow use your current approved 140 to get a 3 year H1), then its still ok. But have your new employer start the new GC's labor right away. That way, you will have 365 days passed when your 6 year term is over in Aug 2007, making you eligible for 7th year of H1. This is very important.
Yes, if your old employer is going to withdraw your labor and 140, then your new employer will have to start GC from scratch. That begins with PERM labor. If you file under EB2, I think you can still transfer your priority date from your old EB3 labor and 140 to new EB2 process. (however, better make sure from a lawyer).
But it is nothing like that... it behaves like every day is a news day - and hence - all analysis fails ... things work on sentiments...
Even NASDAQ could be more predictive than this...
I beg to differ my friend. Stock market now a days is also run pretty much on sentiments without logic. One day up 300 next day down 300...pretty much like USCIS!!
I have a general question on EB# to EB2 porting and was hoping if I could get any advice here. I have a labor filed under EB3 in 2005. I got my EAD in 2007 (thanks to the floodgates that opened in July). Now I am planning to move to a different employer in a much better role. The future employer is a startup, and is a little hesitant on transferring H1B, but will file for my labor in EB2 category and will work on porting my priority date.
That means, I will have to drop my H1 (valid through 2012) and will be on EAD. Is it possible to file for EB2 and port from EB3 later on, if H1 visa is dropped and I am in solely on EAD?
Thanks for going through my post.
2010 will smith and family 2009.
please see post below for details.
[QUote = ashwin_27]
As suggested by several members on this thread, IV has set a goal of April 30th, 2011 to determine if there is even enough appetite within the EB community to proceed with this USCIS Admin Fix initiative or not.
As we know the initial goal was to use this survey to determine how many members will be benefitted by I-485 filing without current priority date. Rough calculations using PERM data showed that at least 50-70K folks are waiting to file I-485 since July 2007 (around 5K-6K out of this number are those with PDs prior to June/July 2007 missed the July 2007 boat).
So far we have had around 1200 such members respond. We need to see support of at least 5000 members in order for IV to launch the public action items. These action items include, but are not limited to, writing en-masse (i.e. in thousands) over 2-3 weeks to several concerned departments about the need for this USCIS administrative fix. Few other very interesting proposals/ideas are also being considered. All we need is our folks to BELIEVE that this initiative is worth investing in.
The IV forum is the best place for the impacted EB community to gather and that is why the number of votes on the survey is a great indication of our frustration and motivation to work with IV for this important admin fix.
So, we now have a Deadline and an Objective. It is up to our impacted members to decide on whether to still stick to silly excuses (why should I become a member, why should i vote on survey etc etc.) or DO something about getting this admin fix. It is surprising that we are not more desperate for this fix and are not convincing and pushing IV harder and harder to start working with USCIS to allow I485 filing with current PD (and all the benefits like EAD, AP that go with it).
Are we more comfortable with the alternative - Waiting endelesslly to file I-485 (at least 2-5 years for post July 2007 folks from any category), keep depending on H1B extensions in an uncertain immigration scenario where H1B RFE's, rejections, visa denials due to "admin processing" etc are on a steep rise? The choice is ours to make.
As a final reminder - please act and convince your friends/colleagues to participate in this initiative and send email@example.com the details requested below.
Please keep following and participating on this thread to show your desperation for this fix.
Good post but we need more information.
How many members does IV have in total?
What % out of that total has not filed 485 yet?
Only if we know these two can we say that you need 5000 to go ahead with this plan.
I think 5000 might be too big a number given the total membership and number of those who have already filed 485.
1200 seems to be a good number.
I have been on H1 for last 3 years and had applied for 485 last july as dependant for my spouse's AOS. My spouse is primary applicant for 485. I have my EAD also. I am worried that I may get RFE if I file for an H1 extension. If I am not able to respond to RFE and my H1 extension gets denied will this affect my I-485 in anyway. I am wondering whether or not to apply for H1 extension and just use my EAD.
This is how I see it.
What you should really consider is to see if there are possible reasons for your spouse's 485 to get rejected.
If you cannot find any, then simply switch to EAD.
hair pictures will smith family
This is not a legal question. If question is posted on web-site, that can be reported.
Like in said my earlier post, employer can not ask for kind of employment authorization.
Not a legal advice.
US citizen of Indian origin
Thanks desi - as always ur source of information is great. Lets get some view points from IV lawyers on this issue.
If that is the case, what about employment websites? Maybe they need to be notified to change their options?
I have exactly 1.8 yrs left on my h1b. My 6th year starts March 2008.
I am in a permanent job now and my labor (EB3) priority date is Aug 2006.
I-140 with Nebraska has been pending for the last 6 months. (yes I am going to pay 1K and get it converted to premium )
I have another new job offer (permanent) from a company in bedford, boston.
The problem is the new company (like most big companies) will not start GC processing immediately. They may start after 3 months or after 6 months per policy. No commitments. :confused:
1. If the new employer submits labor after my 6th year starts, what are my options? (is it a risk?). In my experience with companies ( I am talking non desi, non consulting companies) it takes 6 months or more to get Perm labor filed.
2. I may not be able to port PD from my current employer as my I140 is still pending and if I give my notice, they will very well cancel it before it gets approved. (Even if I convert to premium now, it will take 3 weeks to get approval and I doubt if the new employer will wait). besides I am doubtful if I can get a copy of the 140 approval.
3. Another option I can think of is forget this offer.
Stick to my current employer, get I140 approved, get my 3 yr H1b extension and then try to switch when I have 3 more years. Is this even a practical / realistic option?
Appreciate any opinions.
hot JACKIE CHAN AND WILL SMITH
house Will Smith is a family Man
Alright dude, I gotta go now. I can't spam anymore. My girlfriend awaits :)
tattoo Will Smith Family Mar 27, 2010
pictures Smith, Will Smith, Willow
PD: Oct 2003
I would suggest to start a separate thread to know who are CP filers in the forum and then we can have a conf with IV to discuss what needs to be done. We can also send the private message to each to share our contact info.
dresses will smith family members.
2. It is perfectly normal to ask what is done in this case? And if anybody had experience with that? and If anybody is aware of any appeal processes/clauses that will shield a person who fell out of status from the 10 year bar.
3. Believe me for me it is a hard situation which I'm trying to get a clue how to deal with.
i am really surprised that you are here asking these questions again and again even after many people telling that we do not support illegal activities. I am not sure which part of it you dont understand. IF you are expecting sympathy for your illegal activities, you have come to the wrong place my friend. Please re-read above answers from other members telling you to contact a lawyer. Reason you are in a hard situation now is because you have taken some wrong steps in the past knowingly or unknowingly. So, please do not expect any short cut solutions for your problems here or for that matter anywhere else. That will only land you in more trouble.
makeup of fame as Will Smith.
girlfriend Will Smith and Family at a
If Employment Based Immigration Reform happens, it will happen in Calander year 2007. This reform could be in any form CIR or SKIL. If there is no reform by January 2008 its not gonna happen.
hairstyles Will Smith with wife Jada and
What is AC21? It exists due to immigration rules of limited PDs and backlogs which prolong the processing time of a 485 beyond 180 days. Since these delays are caused by their system, they have provided the option of switching employers as long as certain criteria is met.
As long as you meet the critieria you are all set. Waiting longer without meeting the criteria will be of no use and if you meet all the requirements of AC21, there is no reason to wait.
Thanks for replying KaiserSoze...nice name btw, hope you are not a figment of imagination like the one in the movie ;-)
I don't intend to be intrusive, but are you currently on EAD? Or do you plan to move to it?
I have also read at multiple places that the receipt date is the date from which we start counting 180 days for AC21. I believe that this date still holds true when one's case is transferred from say NSC to TSC. Does anyone know this for sure?
As luck would have it, my contract with my client ends on the 183rd day of my receipt date! Hence this and the original question
As usual in the evening I went to check my mails and found a mail from USCIS. I opened with surprise , preparing myself mentally , which document would they be requesting now. and.......
I screamed in excitement , it was my greencard. I was shocked, and now I was thinking what can I do with the greencard, I thought I should change my jobs which I always wanted, as my job sucks, but realizing that after a month I am going to retire so, dropped that idea and then I started thinking what else I wanted to do when I'll get my GC, and told my wife the idea of now buying the house, but she told me that as you are going to retire next month lets go back to india and the savings that we are left with after paying the taxes , social security and immigration attorneys, will buy a 2 bedroom apartment in India only.
I asked her what about travelling to Europe that you always wanted, but which we never did for the reason, that what if there will be an issue on travelling with AP,but she told me with my blood pressure and and her arthiritis, it won't be possible.
And then..... I started thinking what I lost in the race to get the GC and what I am left after getting the GC. Sadly threw the GC in the trash and again started browsing the forums on immigrationvoice.org. As after these many years,browsing IV forums became my habit.
And then the alarm woke me up and as usual I started to get ready to spend another day in Paradise, in the country of DREAMS.
I know all of of us are desperate for the Green...but we just can't stop living without it...For heaven's sake, if you want to buy a house, please do...several of us including me have taken advantage of buyers market and living in our own homes...if you want to change a job..go ahead, so many have taken advantage of AC21 or even started a new labor to change their line or grow up in their jobs...if you want to go for Europe tour...go for it...I went there last summer and so did so many others on visitors visa..its an incedible experience which should not be compromised for a GC.
GC does makes life a hell lot easier, but we are all hard working people....who had the courage to come so far from our loved ones....we don't go for what's easy, we do what's necessary.