Read my other post about what IV core is doing currently. Also, just FYI, we had a conference call last nite which went form 9.00 PM to 11.15 PM EST. And this was not the only call this week.
We have already started looking beyond the CIR and so has QGA. Aman and Shilpa went to an important House Related event in DC and met with some of the house representatives (in person) whose names you see in immigration articles every single day!
So, in a nutshell, I am happy to see the initiative by Ghost to take IV further. Please support him instead of trying negate it!
Do not forget that the only other option to fighting for our rights is to keep quiet and suffer daily for years. There is not a single person in the core team and nor many members in IV who are willing to give up before a good fight.
wallpaper i love you poems. i love you
They are already taking too much money out of us ...
Then lets just sit tight and hope everything would be done for us without shelling one extra dollar.
Come on guys, we need to see this from the Govt's point of view too. What's in it for them to even begin considering the plight of us??
I would like to know our options to reenter the US.
1. We both have valid H1-B Visa(Mine is valid till Nov. 2011 and Wife's visa is valid till 2013) but both of our visa stamp is expired.
2. We both have Valid AP and is expiring in feb 2011.
3. Both have valid EAD but both of them are expiring in Nov. 2010 and we have not applied for renewal as of today and are planning to apply by next week.
4. We both work in same company on H1-B (not using EAD) and we both applied for GC/485 seperately and are working for sponsering company.
My questions (I know this has been discussed many times in different threads but its all spread across with different information):
1. I was thinking of not getting a visa stamp this time but use AP to reenter but continue to work on H1-B visa. But my EAD will expire by the time I come back in mid november. Is it required while reentering on AP? Will Immigration officer ask for EAD? (assuming that I don't get a new EAD by the time I leave USA)
2. Lets say I can reenter using AP (with expired EAD), I read that I-94 will be valid for the time until AP expires (lets say one year) and I-94 will say parolee. Can I continue to work on H1-B and not worry about naything after that I-94 valid date expires as long I renew my H1-B and renew AP and EAD?
Please advice as soon as you can.
2011 love you poems. quot;I Love Youquot;
The whole thing is here : http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12576
This is something for everyone to watch and learn:
I tried to contact the attorney so badly until Aug 16th, but he never responded. I was able to get hold of him only on Aug 17th. I guess he was directed by my employer so.
The cardinal rule of working with untrustworthy employers is that you need to use ONLY YOUR OWN LAWYER.
The lawyer must be having you as client and also must not have your employer as his client for other cases matters. ONLY then, the lawyer will be working in YOUR interest and not in your employer's interest.
I think people browsing this site by this time, must have learned one thing and I sure have said that a million times.
IF YOU CANNOT TRUST YOUR EMPLOYER 100% THEN YOU NEED TO SHELL SOME $$$ AND HIRE YOUR OWN LAWYER FOR ALL LEGAL MATTERS AND ALL PAPERWORK, FILING, PETITIONING ETC. EVEN H1 RENEWALS.
At the end of the day, between your first day in United States and the day you get your GC, it will cost you nearly 10,000 to have your own lawyer and never use the company-provided free lawyer.
Having your own lawyer means:
1. You pay him, you employ him, he is accountable to you, not your employer.
2. He/she works in your interest, not the employer's interest.
3. If your employer is not co-operating, you will know right away.
4. Your employer would have to come clean and truthful about his intentions of not filing 485. When you have company's lawyer, then the company's lawyer is not going to listen to you. WHY? Because you are not the one paying him. Your employer is.
5. Full transparency and visibility, whenever anything is filed, receipt is issued, RFE comes, reply to RFE goes, etc. With employer's lawyer, you have 0 visibility and you will land in situations mentioned above.
The money you think you are saving with getting a "Free" lawyer is going to cost you much more. The employers are not stupid to provide you free lawyers. The reason they tend to have free lawyers for you is so that they can have total control over your immigration case. Its "Free" for you, but not really. Coz at the end of the day, it costs 10 times more in terms of lost opportunities and delayed immigration. The employers are in the business of doing business and for them, providing you a free lawyer is COST OF DOING BUSINESS because by incurring that cost, they maximize THEIR OWN OPPORTUNITIES to retain you on their payroll for the longest possible time. You may think you are saving money, but this isnt about money.
Its about opportunities and the battle for most opportunities for oneself and the least opportunities for the other guy.
So when you end up spending 10,000 out of pocket on lawyer's fees for H1 renewals, labor, 140, 485 etc, consider that as an opportunity cost.. Just like you need to spend $500 per month on gas and car to be able to get to work, you need to spend a few thousand in order to be able to get opportunities you really want in this country.
One more thing before you go out and hire your own lawyer:
After reading this, if ever you are in search of hiring your own lawyer for immigration needs, make sure that the lawyer has never done any business with your employer. Otherwise it defeats the purpose. You need to ask your new attorney, if he has done or planning to do business with your employer. If he has, or plans to, then dont hire him. Why? Because its obviously conflict of interest. You are asking your lawyer to work in your interest (faster and mistake-free GC filing) and your employer wants to opposite. Its is unethical for lawyers to work for 2 clients with conflicting interests. Also, ask your lawyer before hiring that YOU NEED HIS FULL DISCLOSURE if he plans to do business with your employer. That way, you know that your lawyer is acting in your interest without any possible conflicts. The problem with getting your employer's recommended lawyer is that your employer pays him nearly 50-60 thousand dollars a year in fees, you are a $1000 a year client. Obviously, at the nudging of your employer, suddenly your 485 might get screwed up by your lawyer.
I remember reading a thread in getting into bschool section. I could not find that thread...
Here are some related threads
a related bw article
In the future, the receipt for having filed for extension before Visa expiry and/or Received Date on I-797 Notice of Action (approval) can be used as proof. Of course, travelling out of the country and back on a new visa removes the stigma of having been "out of status"
RFE is okay, but rejection is NOT! Do answer it (RFE) in time. Rejection can put you in trouble. Also if the period extends beyond 180 days due to RFE you will be in trouble ( I really doubt it happening but you never know)
Thanks to share ur experience and knowledge.
Frankly speaking we are interested in utilising time effectively, rather than studying hard to get a MS. On the basis of her health grounds, she cannot attend the college.
Regarding fees, smaller college fees is around 6k, where as big name colleges around 13k,
smaller colleges are easy to get results.
We wanted to utilise OPT in the future, so we may have to incline towards F1!!!
2010 i love you poems. love you
hair i love you so much poems.
My package was delivered on 20th August. USCIS accepted it and got all receipt no. Thanks..
your information is not accurate.
filing for AOS does not give you an EAD. You have to apply for it.
There are many people who remain on their H1 after filing AOS as travel on a valid H1 with a valid Visa stamp is a lot easier than applying for AP etc...........
hot love you poems.
My attorney just emailed me a list of items he needs from me for filing 485. The list is surprisingly short. Is this package really sufficient?
******requested for 485 filing*************
For your wife:
1. Marriage certificate, w/English translation
2. Birth certificate w/ English translation
3. Biographical information page, and date of issuance/expiration page, from current passport
4. Copy of her current visa
5. Copies of other US visas you have had
6. Current I-94 card
7. Passport entry stamp from last entry into the United States
8. Six (6) passport photos
1. Birth certificate, w/ English translation
2. Six (6) passport photos
3. Last two (2) paycheck stubs
*medical exam forms also asked separately.
My condition: filing with current employer. I-140 was recently approved.
house That I love you,
I need some guidance on my situation here: I am currently working on an H1B visa in the US. I was working for company A since Oct '06 and recently moved to Company B in December '07. I have an unexpired H1 visa stamped (associated with Company A) in my passport now. Company B promptly applied and I have the H1 Petition Receipt number (receipt date Dec 3 2007), and as of Jan 11 '08, the case is pending.
I need to travel to India on March 1st and returning on March 23rd. As my H1 petition with Company B is in a pending status, what are my options with regards to H1 visa stamping requirements when I need to re-enter the country on March 23rd '08:
1. Not get a new H1 visa stamp on the passport and travel with the Company A's H1 visa stamp. Is it safe attempting to re-enter the country with the H1 visa stamp from the previous employer? In that case, can I show them the old I797 and explain to the POE officer that I am currently working for a different employer and show them the new receipt notice and letter from the new employer? What if the new H1 Petition is approved a week before my travel date to India or when I am in India?
2. Make the new H1 petition with Company B, premium and obtain an approval. Travel to India with the new I797 with either a visa stamp from canada/mexico consulate or stamping from consulate in India. I would like to avoid this option, if legally permitted, as I may not have the time in India to go for stamping.
I apologize for the long-winded question here, and I greatly appreciate any suggestions or comments you may have. I browsed thru most of the threads in this forum, but did not answers to my specific questions.
tattoo i love you poems in spanish. i
I am on H1B, just filed my GC. I am planning to do a masters degree (i am a B.E now). Any suggestions? I was looking at walden university for online programs. are they any good? Is it worth the money spent??
pictures emo i love you poems i love
My attorney send I485,AP, EAD application to USCIS with my present passport. This passport expires on August 08, 2007. Will there be any problems for this? Please let me know. Thanks......
No issues here my lawyers at Fragomen told me the same my passpory was expiring Aug 3rd 2007 infact I had my passport renewed when they were to send my 485 application. My lawyer said 485 has nothing to do with passport so no worries.
dresses love you poems. in love with
Another visual proof of your dedication to the cause.
Please continue the great work.
makeup i love you poems. you know I
my guess, nothing will happen till november.. they are all posturing for votes at the moment. After november they will all go with the ones who lobby the most :eek:
Who will help us? Dems or Reps?
SKILL is introduced by Reps in both houses. Anybody has any
idea what Dems think about SKILL? Its all confusing to me.
If Dems take congress, I think they may not worry about SKILL
since there is no bipartisan support for the moment. What you guys
think of it?
girlfriend short i love you poems. i love
hairstyles i love you poems in spanish. i
Please share your experience.
Thanks in advance.
Any advice, guys?
it was for my EAD application (I already completed the finger printing ..it took 2 minutes but I had to drive a total of 50 miles ..waste of time and gas ..my last finger printing was 4 months ago ..I get the feeling that they send us for FP just to keep the folks at the FP office busy on a saturday !!) ..I saw the date change twice ..but no new message (last wed and friday) ..maybe they did not want to work before the long weekend.